We wanted to open ProProfs Project up to developers so they can build their own desktop and mobile apps, so the ProProfs Project API ("Service") was launched. We want to encourage the building of these apps but at the same time we need to make sure we are protecting the rights of both ProProfs Project and its users. So we have come up with a set of Developer Rules ("Rules") which we ask you adhere to when building your apps.
These Rules are subject to change as we evolve our API so make sure you check back here often. These Rules also assure our users that we doing everything possible to make sure that developers maintain secure, friendly and solid apps and that their data is always secure.
Access to API
- By connecting to the Service and by developing apps that interface with the Service you understand that you and your app are bound to these Rules.
- Your use of the Service are subject to certain limitations on the level of access, amount of calls, and use of the Service. ProProfs.com may monitor your use of the Service and use this information to improve the Service. If ProProfs Project LLC reasonably believe that attempts have been made to exceed or circumvent the rate limits, your account and access to the Service may be temporarily or permanently blocked or suspended.
- You will not attempt or encourage others to:
- sell, rent, lease, sublicense, redistribute, or syndicate the Service to any third party for such party to develop additional products or services without prior written approval from ProProfs Project LLC
- remove or alter any proprietary notices or marks on the Service
- use ProProfs Project Marks as part of the name of your company, or in any product, service, or logos created by you and you must not use business names and/or logos in a manner that can mislead, confuse, or deceive users
- accredit the use of the Service somewhere in the website of your app and in the source code of your app.
Other Legal Terms
- Confidentiality and Privacy
By creating an app that connects to the Service you will be given access to certain non-public information belonging to all the users that connect and authenticate through your app ("Confidential User Data"). You agree that you will protect this Confidential User Data from unauthorized use, access, or disclosure in the same manner that you would use to protect your own confidential and proprietary information of a similar nature and in any event with no less than a reasonable degree of care. You must display a notice to users of your app that you are doing everything in your power to protect this Confidential User Data, and they must accept this notice to use your app.
ProProfs.com may update the Terms of Service on this page from time to time. As a developer it is your responsibility to make sure you check back to this page often and make sure your app meets the rules and guidelines stated here. Failure to do so may result in suspension of your access to the Service without prior notice.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless ProProfs.com for any third-party claims, actions or suits, as well as any related expenses, liabilities, damages, settlements or fees arising from your use or misuse of the Service, or a violation of any terms of the Service.
- Disclaimer of Warranty
THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. FURTHER, ProProfs Project LLC DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SOFTWARE OR ANY RELATED SERVICE WILL ALWAYS BE AVAILABLE.
- Limitations of Liability
YOU ASSUME ALL RISK ASSOCIATED WITH THE USE OF THE SERVICE. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS OF THE SERVICE BE LIABLE FOR CLAIMS, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY ARISING FROM, OUT OF, OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE. USERS OF THE SERVICE ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR DETERMINING THE APPROPRIATENESS OF USE AND ASSUME ALL RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH ITS USE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE RISKS OF PROGRAM ERRORS, DAMAGE TO EQUIPMENT, LOSS OF DATA OR SOFTWARE PROGRAMS, OR UNAVAILABILITY OR INTERRUPTION OF OPERATIONS.